Sunday 29 July 2012

Picture of the Week: July 16th - 22nd




This weekend I managed to do something I've been wanting to do since the start. I visited the New York institution The Plaza. Not only did I pop my head into one of the most famous hotels in the world but I was joined by two of my favourite NYC ladies and we sat & had high tea! We also snuck ourselves into the locked up famous Grand Ballroom 

However the week was so crazy busy and full of exciting activities (including the arrival of one Miss Lomax) I thought I should also include a run down and pictures of my other activities.


On Monday I returned from here:


On Tuesday Naomi arrived in NYC having visited Vegas first. We visited my favourite Mexican on Jane Street (Mole) and enjoyed the excessively hot summer evening over a glass of wine & some Guac!


Wednesday I had the day off so Miss Lomax & myself headed first to the West Village for breakfast from Chelsea Market & a stop off on the Highline. We then walked our way north along the Hudson River Park (stopping at the Frying Pan for afternoon drinks) before getting caught in an almighty rainstorm & hot footing it into a cab to our final destination - Dinosaur BBQ. This places tastes like the best of Texas BBQ so we munched on wings & pulled pork...finally we ended up at the famous Amateur Night at the Apollo in Harlem...
Thursday I worked because I had a client event in the evening...this actually meant that I got to hold the Olympic Torch so I wasn't too disappointed! 
Closest I'll ever get to organised sports
Friday I once again had the day off so we headed first to the Spotted Pig for a famous burger, we then bummed around in downtown - from West to East, hid from the rain she brought with her from the UK, did a spot of shopping and ended up drinking the Lower East Side.  
Spotted Pig Burger & Shoestring Fries
Saturday morning Naomi left for the UK and I jumped on a bus to Long Island for a wine tasting tour. I'll try to update on that one in a separate post - but don't hate me if I'm too busy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment